Sleep apnea affects millions of Americans every year. It’s a common sleeping disorder in which you wake up repeatedly during the night whenever your breathing is interrupted. This can cause many problems during your waking hours.
The good news is that if you are suffering from sleep apnea, Dr. Goldstein has treatment options that can help make your life easier and get you the sleep you need.
Sleep Apnea Signs and Symptoms
There are many signs associated with sleep apnea that could indicate you are dealing with the disorder. The best diagnosis for sleep apnea comes from professionals who can provide a sleeping test that will analyze your patterns of sleep. But some common signs you can keep on the lookout for include:
- Excessive Daytime Sleepiness.
- Sleep Deprivation.
- Breathing Heavily Through the Mouth When Asleep.
- Moments of No Breathing When Asleep.
- Loud Breathing.
- Dry Mouth.
- Dry Throat.
- Mood Swings.
- Weight Gain.
If you’re experiencing many or most of the items on the above list, it’s possible you’re dealing with sleep apnea. Luckily, Dr. Todd Goldstein offers great treatment options for any patients struggling with this disorder.
Sleep Apnea Treatment With Dr. Todd Goldstein
There are a few treatment options available to patients struggling with sleep apnea. Some treatments include a lifestyle change with regular exercise and dieting. Others prescribe an appliance that can help make breathing at night easier. When you come see Dr. Goldstein for sleep apnea treatment, he will have the following treatments for you:
- Sleep Oral Appliances: Sleep oral appliances are designed to hold your jaw in a certain position so that your airway remains open and unobstructed throughout sleep.
- Snore Appliances: Snoring appliances accomplish the same effect as sleep oral appliances by holding your jaw in a position so that snoring is less likely to occur and sleep will remain uninterrupted.
These appliances have helped many people with sleep apnea be able to better sleep through the night and feel more rested during the day. Dr. Goldstein would love to help you too!
Get the Sleep You Need With Help From Dr. Todd Goldstein
Tired of not getting the sleep you’ve been needing? Contact Dr. Goldstein today to set up a virtual consultation or an appointment for sleep apnea treatment.