Implant Dentistry in New York City
The ecosystem of the mouth is a complex one, dependent on a great many factors. If one element of a mouth’s health is jeopardized, many other issues could arise. Losing a tooth and leaving a gap in your smile, for example, can cause a great deal more problems than you might initially think.
That’s because the density of your jaw and upper skull bone depend in part on the presence of your teeth. Without teeth, the bone density below your gums can begin to deteriorate, which cause some problems later on. Luckily, there is a solution: dental implants.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are surgical components placed within the jaw or skull bone that act like the root of a tooth. These implants can then securely hold dental prosthetic devices such as a crown or bridge in place.
Patients interested in dental implants won’t have to worry about the appearance of their smile—implants are placed below the surface of the gums and the replacement teeth fixed onto the implants are designed to mimic teeth perfectly.
Benefits of Dental Implants
The biggest benefit to dental implants is that the implant promotes bone growth and density in the jaw and skull, thereby preserving facial structure. But implants have even more benefits than that:
- Long-Lasting: With proper dental care and maintenance, your dental implant replacement teeth can last up to 25 years!
- Strong: Dental implants are built from a titanium alloy, which makes them strong and durable.
- Improved Speech: Tooth loss can affect your ability to communicate clearly, but dental implants and the dental prosthetics they hold in place can change that.
- Convenient: You won’t have to worry about removing and cleaning a dental implant—once they’re secured, they’re in place for good.
- Natural Feel: Implant-supported crowns and dentures look and feel just like natural teeth, and they require the same easy dental hygiene as your natural teeth.
Dental Implant Restorations with Dr. Todd Goldstein
If you’re missing a tooth or teeth, Dr. Goldstein will work to connect you with dental implant placement specialists who can come in to place your implants in your jawbone. Dr. Goldstein will then restore the dental implants with either a high-quality dental crown, dental bridge, or set of implant-supported dentures on top.
You can have the whole process completed in the same office, so you don’t have to worry about multiple office locations and schedules for the procedure.
Contact Dr. Goldstein Today for a Smile Restoration With Dental Implants
Get in touch with Dr. Goldstein in the Manhattan area today to schedule your virtual smile consultation or your implant restoration. He is looking forward to seeing you and helping you get the dental care you need!